Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun All Around

My family always loves a reason to have a party.  Besides the traditional reasons we also have had parties such as "Ruthie Can Read" and "Lorreta Lynn Breakfast".  Anyway this weekend we didn't have to think of a theme because we had Twila Jean's birthday and the very next day was the 4th of July.  I have to tell you it didn't begin or end with said parties.  Those parties were sandwiched between happy hour with my "bff" and a pool set up bbq.  
Above you see I found my Hawaiian dress I was sure I had gotten rid of.  (I found a box in my garage labeled 'vintage'.  It was like a present I sent myself from the past.)  Then we have Twila Jean posing with Josh and Amy- Team Jessup.  We had a great time and Mav and I stayed out to ..gasp* 11pm!  
The next day right after church we headed to Josh, Amy and Oliver's house where we celebrated the 4th.  We began at 1pm with lots of family, paused to take Dotty home for a nap, and came back to find less family but a lot more friends.
I simply adore summer.  


3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love presents to yourself! I'm still looking for mine after the last move. Yep, still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, looks like fun! Summer parties should really happen more often, not just on the holidays! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the party ideas. Looks like you all had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy! Leave one.