Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Montessori Ikea: The Infant/Toddler's Room

On a recent trip to Ikea I was on the look out for items that would fit a Montessori inspired home environment.  Here are a few of the items I found.
Unbreakable mirror to hang low on the wall near floor bed.  (buy mattress here too)

One of our favorite infant toys.

Very low shelves.

Books!

Hang low for magnet play

Rotate artwork and photos. (hang out of reach)

Sheep skins for tummy time

All of this is so exciting for me.  I had my first daughter nearly 15 years ago and items like this weren't easily found and when I did find them they were pricey.  We had items similar to the first two pics and the last and each cost us nearly $100.   You can buy all of the above for way less.

2 comments:

  1. I love those lines for artwork. I need to get down to our nearest Ikea, though for us it is well over an hour each way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any chance you remember the name of that black book shelf. I looked online and cant find it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy! Leave one.