Monday, November 15, 2010

Silk Over Flannel



   Sometimes when Mav leaves for work I am still in my pajamas and by the time he gets home they are back on.  So I try to wear prettier night clothes.  With four children the sexy lingerie will just have to stay on the back burner for a bit.  (or in a suitcase in my closet as it were)  But completely giving up isn't an option.  The easiest solution is to have plenty of slips and at the end of the day I just take off my dress and have an instant 'night gown'.  I keep a cardigan handy (ala Mr. Rogers) that way I don't need to hide my pretties under a robe to keep warm.  But when a robe is needed I have some lovely ones.  Pictured above is a beautiful one my mom just picked up at a garage sale.  I found the 1920/30's silk night gown I am wearing with it in the bottom of a drawer recently and can't remember where it come from.  I love little surprises like that!  I wish you could see the detail better.

3 comments:

  1. I am in my pj's quite often too. I need to find some smarter looking ones. The flannel and fleece just don't cut the mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo, WOW! Now that's a way to greet your husband!

    I love the long nightgown. I've always wondered what the tiny, little pockets were for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super pretty! Lucky husband!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy! Leave one.