Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Compass Cuties

Mav and I love our church.  Here is the true story of why we started going there.  I received a postcard about a new church in town, but we had a church, so I recycled it.  Then I got another one.  I recycled it also, but noticed the location.
   There is something very 'Mayberry' about living near a Main St. that appeals to me, so when I realized the church was on our Main St.- and in a beautiful old church building we just had to go.  I told Mav "think how cute our family will look attending there!" (God used my vanity.)  That's it.   It's been years now and I can tell you it is one of the best decisions we've ever made.
  I started another blog related to the time I spent leading their children's ministry. You can check it out here.
I also am adding a couple of photos so you can see the building.  The one with our girls in front was three years ago and Mav designed the banner.  You can see I was right our family looks cute there!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo, fancy, your blog is pink now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have kept quite a few of their mailers as they are usually kinda neat looking.
    I like the look of the church and I am envious of the young families. Our church is a bunch of old people, and no one there would dare have a tattoo.
    BUT. I love being a catholic, and I love the style of our church.. I went to a few other churches that were for the "younger cooler god liking" generation, and man.. did I stick out like a sore thumb. lol. I dont fit in :(
    Oh well I am glad you love it there! and they have beautiful artwork on their mailers <3

    my friend goes there too, her name is becky.. she is cool and older tattooed lady with 2 boys. she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, just realized.. one of the mailers we kept was the death to life one in that sign. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was the other one the one with the lantern? I think it was for Christmas, Mav did that one too.
    You can come hang out with us and stay Catholic. We never fit in anywhere either, just have to use it to our advantage.
    I love the ritual and iconography your faith has. I want to explore more of how to incorporate those elements for children. We should get together and chat- I'd be interested in your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a beautiful place. The sign looks really good! Congrats to Mav :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy! Leave one.