Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Epic Road Trip: What I Wore

Day 1, picnic lunch in Pendleton, Ore.  (home of THE Pendleton)

Cheyenne, Wyoming- Oh the boots in that building! 

Hardly a view of my outfit...just imagine this shirt with the first outfit.

Branson, Missouri.  This is outside of the Titanic museum, which just happens to be housed in building built like the ship.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  I am sitting outside an amazing and haunted old hotel.

What's with that hair Elvis?

Mansfield, Missouri.  Laura Ingalls Wilder's grave

Kansas City, Missouri.  Lewis and Clark Corp of Discovery monument.  We singled this one out because the girls had done research on their dog Seaman-who is represented here.

Madison County, Iowa.  A covered bridge.  Romantic because in the old days you could steal a kiss without anyone seeing.  I must say this dress was my favorite on the trip.  I don't ever buy anything online but I saw this from http://stores.ebay.com/lebombshop and loved it.  I ordered the wrong size (they are sized juniors) and had a very pleasant exchange experience.

De Smet, South Dakota.  Ingalls homestead.  If you enjoyed the books, go there!  This dress was not pictured in my "what dresses do I pack" post because I bought it while in Kansas City.

Mt Rushmore, South Dakota.

Deadwood, South Dakota.  Cemetery where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane are buried-and for some bizarre reason next to each other. 

Yosemite National Park, Wyoming and on our way home.

The first picture my hair is set in curlers (proving I had good intentions) and the next picture it is down but the whole rest of the time it was SO hot that I wore it up like so:
I love the bow barrette.  It happened to be in the clearance basket at Anthropologie right before we left.


8 comments:

  1. Your trip looks so happy and you look so cute in your vintage dresses along the way. This is exactly how our grandmothers dressed on thier road trips across our beautiful country. Ah, Branson and Eureka Springs, AK...two of my favorite places on earth. Don't ya just love America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a loads of fun! Love your outfits in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your dresses and your hair. I wish I could wear dresses, but they look pretty unflattering. Even when I was pretty thin! I just have a wide waist. :( I would love to go into the Wrangler store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the way you dress. Very, very pretty, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that Laura I. was alive when my MOM was! That just totally blows my mind for some reason. Thanks for posting some of your lil wardrobe highlights!! You must've had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great trip! Lovely outfits - especially the pink dress you bought in Kansas, and the bow barrette is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up in pendleton oregon and I know exactly which park you were at in the top picture. In fact, I hung out in that park all the time as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy! Leave one.